Because it is¬†Good for you...¬†Good For Your Wallet... Good For Your World...
Good for you...
- Regular cyclists enjoy a fitness level equal to that of a person ten years younger
- Cycling at least twenty miles a week reduces the risk of heart disease to less than half that for non-cyclists who take no other exercise
- If one third of all short car journeys were made by bike, national heart disease rates would fall by between 5 and 10 percent
- During rush-hour, a bicycle is about twice as fast as a car - good if you hate traffic jams!
Good For Your Wallet...
Bicycles require no road tax, no NCT, no insurance, no licensing, no breakdown recovery services,
and above all no fuel bills.
A good bicycle needs at most about ‚ā¨50-worth of maintenance a year - less if you do a bit yourself.
How much does your car need?
- A good bicycle will last for years, if not decades. How long did your previous car last?
- A bicycle can be parked just about anywhere, so no more expensive car park bills.
Good For Your World...
- Twenty bicycles can be parked in the same space taken up by one car.
- To make a bicycle requires only a fraction of the materials and energy needed to make a car.
- Bicycles produce absolutely no pollution - they are a lot quieter too.